Thursday, September 04, 2008

Mango Madness

I love mangoes! I got addicted to them on my mission. I can eat them plain but my favorite way is with lime juice, salt, and chile. They are SOOOO good! I know I have written about them before but I thought I would post a couple of new pictures that I took the other day. The Hispanic ladies in NYC cut them into "flowers" and then put them on sticks so people can eat them easier. They are great!Here is a cart showing how they have the bottles of lemon juice, salt, and chile all ready for you to squirt on the mangoes...it is yummy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do they get all those pieces of mango on just one stick?
call the tootsie roll owl, maybe he can solve this question!!
beak

Anonymous said...

i want one. and a corn on the stick too. let's go get some!

nymanzanita said...

Beak...you are a goober. They dont put "pieces" of the mango on the stick. Do you think they get the Elmer's out and start glueing them on? Ha! They peel it.....split it like a flower...and put it on a stick.

Alice- We'll for sure have to get one. The corn is GREAT too!

Anonymous said...

umm so how do they get the seed out of the middle? its all furry and sticks to the mango meat. do they use a paring knife, or can you go buy a mango flower cutting kit at target?
beak

nymanzanita said...

Beak...you are such a goober! Are you kidding me...you really think they have a "paring" knife? They probably find the closest thing to them that has a sharp edge and start cutting. The seed is still in it.... We'll do it when I get home....it is not that hard...I promise!