I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had a much needed break, that's for sure! I had lots of plans to get things accomplished but I really just rested and relaxed. I started to feel sick on Tuesday night and it was a full blown head cold by Wednesday night. Needless to say, I didn't make it to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I did get up at 5:00 am and showered and got ready....I just didn't get out the door since I felt horrible. Instead, I put my turkey in the oven, went back to bed, and woke up 3 hours later when it was ready and completely dried out. Oops!
I had a nice dinner...I just couldn't taste it.
Yes...my table looks ghetto. I know! Since I don't have many bowls and serving dishes, I had to keep my turkey in the foil tray and my mashed potatoes in a fancy plastic container from my local take-out Chinese joint. It worked.
I was happy about how I served my gravy though. Sure, it isn't a traditional gravy boat, but it is an awesome pitcher that I bought with my mom in Costa Rica. They served us water in these little mini pitchers at a restaurant and I fell in love with them.
Here's to hoping to not be sick again next year and to spending the holiday with family. Cheers!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Turkey Time.....
Posted by nymanzanita at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It all looks fit for a King! Yum - yum !
I love my little pitcher's too. They come in real handy. Amy couldn't believe that I brought it all the way from Costa Rica.
Mmmm mmmm, Girl you can cook! Makes my mouth water just thinking about the dinner you made me while I was visiting.
your pumpkin pie looks perfect! watch out pioneer woman! here comes beak and beak! :)
Post a Comment