I went to Olive Garden for lunch the other day and it was kind of an odd experience. I asked the waitress for a straw as she was setting down the salad and bread sticks on our table. I dove into the salad as she scurried off to another table. I saw something crawling on one of the pepperoncini's in the salad and I started to say, "Excuse me, Ma'am..." when she sharply cut me off and said, "Yes, I know about the straws!" To which I replied, "No, it isn't about the straws! I have a roach in my salad!" She quickly handed me another salad and went on her way. I thought I handled the situation very well and didn't bring any loud "NY style" attention to the matter in front of other guests, etc. I went on with my meal but was a little bothered about the fact that she just brushed off the issue and went on her way as if it was NOTHING! I know PLENTY of people who would have wanted to 1) vomit 2) walk out and never return and/or 3) go "ghetto" on her and let her know that it was infact a BIG DEAL. I probably wouldn't have said any more about it had she acknowledged what had happened and not been so snippity. I decided to talk to the manager on the way out and he was MORE than apologetic. He talked with me for a few minutes and then I walked away with a free $4o gift card! Yup....Customer Service....That's what I'm talking about.....thank you very much!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
"Don't worry...it's just a roach!"
Posted by nymanzanita at 3:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
love it.
so what is it with us going out to places. we always get rocked. but hey- it seems worth it. dyessssssssssss! :)
beak
I would've been bugged too. Get it? bugged. haha
Oh, I just barfed a little in my mouth. I don't think I would've caused a scene, but I so would have been out of there. I'd go to a different Olive Garden next time!
Post a Comment