There is nothing more "New York" than Mister Softee! I love Mister Softee and I remember hearing the music that BLASTS out of his speakers all over the city during my mission. I still hear that SAME song every day and night during the Spring, Summer, and Fall every year as the Mister Softee truck drives around selling ice cream. There is nothing better than hearing that music on a hot humid evening....racing to get your money.... and then running out of the building to catch Mister Softee on the corner before he takes off to sell ice cream (or drugs..ha.ha....No joke...I saw it once) down the block. FYI: The twist chocolate dipped cones are my favorite and Jose usually gets a strawberry shake...yum! Anyway....the only annoying thing about Mister Softee is that he usually starts to drive around the neighborhood around 3:00 in the afternoon. Then he makes about 4or 5 more rounds before 9:00pm and then he has the audacity to occasionally come around one last time at 10:30 or 11:00 pm. Hello? Some of us are sleeping in the "city that never sleeps!" Well...despite my LOVE and occasional hate relationship with Mister Softee....he is rushing the ice cream season! We have had super cold weather, as we always do in NY during the winter, but today we had a high temperature of 59 degrees and Mister Softee decided to make his first appearance of 2008. I was in the laundromat washing some blankets and the music began...I looked out the window and there he was in all his glory! I love you Mister Softee but I am not ready for the music to start just yet....please go away for at least a month....thanks!
Monday, March 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow! I finally looked at some of my comments and decided to see who the heck nymanzanita is and I was slapped with quite a blast from the past. Girls Camp memories started streaming through my brain. What are you doing in NY? Do you love it there?
Post a Comment