Sunday, July 06, 2008

Summertime = Beach Time!

I think I am turning into a fish! I have been to the beach every weekend for the last 5 weeks....I have even gone a couple of times during the week. That is a lot of beach time which also means a lot of fun! I usually go to Coney Island, Long Beach, and Jones Beach every year....this year I have added on Rockaway Beach. It is one of my favorites now.....you'd have to see it to believe how amazing this place is! Here are some random shots from over the last few trips to the beach.My idea of a great afternoon.....eating watermelon on the boardwalk and enjoying the water, sun, and the sights. Lots of love birds roam these beaches....especially the Rockaways. I have never seen a beach with so much "seafood." Ha! This beach has a ton of little crabs, huge clams and oysters, etc. that provide hours of eating and adventures for the birds.

We watched a surf competition (Far Rockaway is known as one of the best places to surf in the United States) on Father's Day weekend. I had to take a picture of the "Phoenix" surfboard that reminded me of home.
I thought that the boards looked neat how they had made a tee-pee circle out of them.
Oh ya...and just a random model shoot....whatever! These ladies were roaming the beach with a microphone and a camera. They talked to various people and then a while later I noticed that they had pulled the lifeguard from her tower and were doing a little "shoot." How funny is that! Strike a pose sister!

2 comments:

Jennifer Lee said...

This looks like such a great way to spend the weekend! Thanks for sharing the fun photos.

nymanzanita said...

Glad you like the pics....thanks for stopping by and saying "hello."